So You Want to Have A Fundraiser?
So, you want to have a fundraiser. That is great! Here are a few things to keep in mind:
- Have a theme.
- Have specific concept of how to raise money.
- Contact your venue and confirm availability before submitting budget to RGDC Board.
- Make sure your emcees and entertainers are available. Once you have confirmation of their commitment, make sure to follow-up with friendly reminders.
- Script-out/Plan the order of your event. You only have so much time during your event, so have a plan to stay on schedule.
- Keep in mind that 20% of proceeds go to the General Fund to help keep RGDC operating.
- If you would like the monies raised to go to a specific charity, you will need to have it approved by our Board.
- Have your flyer and budget at our monthly Board meeting (last Thursday of each month) for approval. Best practice is three months before your event to allow for maximum promotion time.
- Once your flyer is approved, make sure the planning committee has a copy (both hard copy and digital) so that it can be distributed thru RGDC's internet media.
- IT IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY TO KEEP YOUR VENUE SUPPLIED WITH FLYERS, POSTERS, AND EVENT CARDS AS NEEDED.
- Once your event has been approved, PROMOTE, PROMOTE, and PROMOTE some more. If you cannot travel out and about, find someone who can and make sure that they have flyers to distribute on your behalf.
- HAVE FUN!
- Venue Confirmation Agreement- For you and the Venue manager to sign-off on.
- Event Worksheet - The outline and budget for your event.
- Event Check List - A guide for the before, during, and after of your event.
- Event Press Release Template - Press Release template to be used for local media, Facebook Event Page/Group, Google Calendar, and IMPCHAT.